Valentines day is a day of love, a day to commemorate the loveliness that wine provides. Wine provides us a senses delight and is a way for us to connect and share a most romantic wine for the most romantic holiday of the year and while wine is great Champagne is wondrous. Valentines days is for Champagne—I want a sparkling wine that is dynamic, dry, yet has a full spectrum of delight that can only come from Champagne. There are approximations you get from other sparkling wines but I want the familiar and luxuriant. Champagne is the quest for both, the subtle and bold. Champagne is distinctive and there is no wonder was that a Champagne or a sparkling wine? Champagne, the region, is at the northern reaches of the wine growing world and is a signal of a wine that lives beyond it’s label and is noted with appreciation on the palette.
A Rosé brings an excitement with the sight and scent; beautifully scented and thrilling to the palette and senses. A Brut is an option as well giving a fully biscuited – Brioche component that leaves the palette in wonderment and satisfaction. And finally, a Blanc de Blancs is about nuance and grace giving refined focal points and flavor profiles that let the mind soar to newer heights.
Here are my recommendations for Champagne –- Rosé, Bruts and Blanc de Blancs.
Valentine’s Day Champagnes
– Canard- Duchêne Brut Rosé Champagne NV
– Charles Ellner Brut Rosé Champagne NV
– Henriot Brut Rosé Champagne NV
– Jean Milan Brut Rosé Champagne Charles de la Milanière NV
– Vranken Brut Rosé Champagne Demoiselle Grand Cuvee NV
– Bruno Paillard Brut Première Cuvée NV
– Guy Charlemagne Extra Brut NV
– Gosset Brut Champagne Excellence NV
– Louis de Sacy Brut Champagne NV
– Jean Lallement Brut Champagne NV
Blanc de Blancs
– A.R. LeNoble Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne NV
– Billecart-Salmon Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne NV
– Charles Heidsieck Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne NV
– Jacquart Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne Millésimé 1998
– Comte Audoin de Dampierre Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne NV
A plethora of wine reviews from wines regions around the world. Read more of my wine reviews: jamesthewineguy.wordpress.com © 2009 James Meléndez / Jaime Patricio Meléndez – All Rights Reserved. James the Wine Guy also on Facebook, Twitter and most major social medias.
See James the Wine Guy channel for videos on YouTube: